What can I do when the device fails to connect with my router?
In case you find that the devices remain offline and will not go online (at this case the LED indicator is blinking), please first restart the power of both the router and devices and see if the devices will go online. If the problem persists, this mean one of the following reasons is causing this problem:
• If this happened for the first time when you tried to add the device, make sure that you write the correct SSID and password in the Wi-Fi settings page (main menu). If you find that they are not correct, you should reset the device and re-add again.
• The Wi-Fi strength is weak. Your router is too far away from your device, and there may be some interference in the environment. To solve this, please take your device close to the router. If the problem still exists, please cut off the power of the device and power it up again.
• Make sure you are not using the 5G Wi-Fi when you add the device. If you are connecting to 5G Wi-Fi, please delete the device and re-add via 2.4G Wi-Fi. Some Wi-Fi Hue/Bridge may not be compatible, but this is rare.
• Make sure your router settings do not open the MAC address filter.
• One normal router usually supports about 10 devices (including phone, PC, tablet, and all other devices that connect to the same router). Please make sure the number of devices currently connecting to your router does not exceed its max limit.
• Make sure that your Wi-Fi SSID and password do not contain special characters, for example, the Hebrew, Arabic characters. Our system cannot recognize these characters and therefore fails to connect to the Wi-Fi.
My device was not added to my user account, but it is still connecting with the server.
When you see that the LED indicator is stable (not blinking) and the device is not available in the app, usually there are two reasons that lead to this result:
a. The owner has deleted it from the account, and it does not belong to any account now, but the device still recognizes the previous Wi-Fi.
b. During the adding process, the app has completed the communication between the smartphone and the device, and the device has obtained the Wi-Fi password, but when binding it to the user’s account, the network is interrupted.
Solution: Reset the device and re-add.
My device failed to connect to the server. The network is interrupted or the DNS cannot resolve the address.
Usually, there are eight reasons that lead to this result:
a. Unable to visit the Internet
If the Internet cannot be accessed, then use your phone or PC to visit the Internet. If successful, try to connect your device again.
If you have stopped paying the Internet fee or extending your network service, you cannot visit the Internet.
b. Bandwidth occupied
You may have downloaded too many files at the same time, which occupied most of the bandwidth; thus your device did not have enough bandwidth to connect to the server. If so, please stop downloading and try to re-add your device.
c. More than one router with the same SSID (name)
You may have more than one router with the same name, and your device may have connected to the non-networked one. In this case, you should reset your router name and choose the networked one to connect. Then try to connect your device again.
d. More than one DHCP server on one network
There may be errors existing in the router topology. In this case, please check the connection between the routers, and then try again.
e. ARP attacked
If you have checked all of the above and found no problems, maybe some terminal of the local area network you are locating has been affected by an ARP virus. We suggest you manually bind the gateway and MAC address, and then try again.
f. Firewall settings
You may have opened a firewall or some security software. In this case, please temporarily close them and try to connect the device again.
g. DNS server inaccessible
After making all of the above checks and finding no problems, the possible problem should be a DNS error. Please manually change the DNS server address and try again. Please change the DNS server address to 18.104.22.168. Then try to re-add your device.
h. IP address conflict
Please close all other connections that connect to the router. Then try to re-add your device.
You can also ping our server address on your computer. Please select the server address according to your location. Then send the result to our support.
The LED indicator does not work. When powering the device up, it is not on.
The circuit may be damaged. Please contact the seller for help.
The LED indicator is blinking for a long time, and the device is offline.
It is possible that somebody reset the device by clicking on the reset button for 5 seconds. In this case you should remove it from your app and re-add it again.